Directions & Transportation
how to get here
The BEALL MANSION is conveniently on Millionaire's Row in the Middletown Historic District of the historic river town of Alton, Illinois.
When you Arrive
Because we may be on another floor or about the grounds and unable to hear the doorbell—when you arrive please call from your cell phone and we will meet you at the door under the porte cochere (covering over the drive.)
There is limited free off street parking behind the building and abundant free street parking in front of the property on E. 12th St., behind the property on 11th St., and alongside the property on George Street.
From STL St. Louis Lambert International Airport
- Take I-70 East, to I-170, North 5 miles.
- Bear right onto the on-ramp to I-270 heading East 5.5 miles.
- Turn North on Route 367 (Lewis & Clark Blvd.) Follow Lewis & Clark Blvd 11 miles over 2 bridges until it dead ends into Landmark Blvd. (Note: Lewis & Clark Blvd changes from Route 367 to U.S. 67 at Lindbergh.)
- Turn left (west) on Landmark Blvd two blocks to Henry St.
- Turn right (north or away from the river) on Henry St. to E 12th St.
- Turn left (west) on East 12th Street 2 blocks to 407. The BEALL MANSION is the last home in the 2nd block on the left side of the street (southeast corner of East 12th and George.)
From Illinois I-55
- Take the Hamel exit, Hwy 140 West "to Alton". (Note: Hwy 140 becomes College and College becomes 20th St.)
- From 20th St. turn left (south) on Alby 8 blocks.
- Turn left (east) on E. 12th St. 3 blocks. The BEALL MANSION is located on the right (southeast corner) of E. 12th and George.
From Downtown St. Louis, MO
- Take the Poplar Street Bridge East into Illinois. Follow the signs to I-55.
- Take I-55 to I-255 North.
- Exit IL-143 left (west) through Wood River into Alton two blocks past the Clark Bridge (at the Clark Bridge IL-143 becomes Landmarks Blvd./US-67.)
- Turn right (north or away from the river) on Henry St. Go 12 blocks to E. 12th St.
- Turn left (west) on E. 12th St 2 blocks to 407. The BEALL MANSION is the last home in the 2nd block on the left side of the street (southeast corner of E. 12th and George.)
BEALL MANSION An Elegant Bed & Breakfast Inn.
- Latitude: 38.898286
- Longitude: -90.179757
Close to Everywhere
Well almost. The BEALL MANSION is the following distances from major cities & landmarks:
- 5-12 MINUTES - St. Louis, County MO; St. Charles County, MO; Godfrey, IL; Hartford, IL; Wood River, IL, Fast Eddie's Bon Air
- 15 MINUTES - Elsah IL, Principia College, Bethalto IL, ALN Alton St. Louis Regional Airport
- 20 MINUTES - Edwardsville, IL; SIUE Southern Illinois University Edwardsville; Grafton, IL; Pere Marquette Lodge & State Park
- 25 MINUTES - St. Louis Gateway Arch; downtown St. Louis, MO; STL Lambert St. Louis International Airport
- 90 MINUTES - Springfield, IL
- 4 1/2 HOURS - Chicago, IL; Springfield, MO
- 4 3/4 HOURS - Branson, MO
- 5 HOURS - Kansas City, MO; Kansas City, KS; Memphis, TN; Indianapolis, IN
- 6 1/2 HOURS - Des Moines, IA; Little Rock, AR
NOTE: Directions. distances, and drive times are averages based on information provided by 3rd parties and subject to change without notice. ALWAYS verify via a GPS app like Google Maps or Waze for updates, alerts, and reports about traffic, accidents, weather, road conditions, detours, hazards, and more.
Please also view and compare:
- IL Dept. of Transportation Roadway Information
- IL Dept. of Transportation Getting Around Illinois
- MO Dept. of Transportation
- National Weather Service St. Louis Office Road Conditions