5 Ways to Make Your Next Trip More Romantic
by Paris Permenter and John Bigley
How can you become a Lovetripper, even if your next getaway isn't a honeymoon?
Here are some tips to bring the romance back to any trip, from weekend getaways to once-in-a-lifetime vacations:
(1) Anticipate Your Trip Together. Make this a joint effort. Watch videos. Visit an international restaurant in your hometown to sample the cuisine you'll experience on your vacation. Cruise the internet together for information and travel tips. Send each other "wish we were there" emails.
(2) Pack some romantic goodies. Treat this like a honeymoon--even if it's not. Pack a new nightie or naughty negligee. Bring along some candles to turn your hotel room into a romantic enclave. Pack some CDs to set the mood.
(3) Make your hotel room a love nest. You don't have to book the presidential suite to turn your room into your private haven. Line the edge of the tub with those candles you packed. Toss in some bubble bath. Surprise your other half with a hibiscus bloom or a seashell on the pillow.
(4) Look for opportunities to act romantic all through the day. Buy a bottle of wine and some local cheese and fruit and share a private picnic. Write your names in the beach sand. Kiss for no reason.
(5) Make time for each other. In some destinations, it's easy to pack in too much activity--museum visits, shopping, tours. Budget time just for the two of you. Order room service. Sleep late. Watch the stars.
travel column © copyright Paris Permenter and John Bigley
© Copyright 1997-2005 The BEALL MANSION...An Elegant Illinois Bed & Breakfast B&B Inn Boutique Hotel (Greater St. Louis Bed & Breakfast B&B Inn Boutique Hotel)